It's good to be back in Georgia but is going to take a little bit of getting used to. It's hot all the time.
There has already been several powerful thunderstorms. On Thursday I sat out on Joe's dock and watched the lightening while soaking in the wind and power of the storm. When it let up a bit I walked back up to the house and sat on the screened porch. Joe showed up with some beer and the storm let loose in full blast. It was frightening but fun at the same time.
I got a call while we were in Moab that my background/drug tests had cleared and I could start work on Monday 6/27. I'll work Mon-Thurs next week and then be off until July 11. I am trying to figure out where I am going to live. Margi and Joe are letting me stay in their guestroom. It is really nice being here. I got to go Jo Jo's soccer game this morning and may get to tag along to Cars2 this afternoon. Joe is already harvesting tomatoes and okra and catches crabs off the dock everyday.
Cheers! Kathleen
Sounds like paradise Kathleen!! Everything worked out. What a great journey!
ReplyDeleteHey Kathleen! I just got caught up with your trip. What an awesome adventure. Say, did that gentleman tell you exactly where the end will begin? Let's hope it's Southern Cali. Is the end coming from the Pacific or will it start on land. If we go out to sea when the end starts, maybe we can miss it. Glad you made it back to "real rain" - the kind that cleans the air and your soul. Have fun down there!
ReplyDelete