Closed
No Tolerance - how Oklahoma brands itself
We enjoyed the Hi Lee all you can eat Chinese Buffet in Olkmolgee; where we spent Monday night.
Tuesday we pulled into Memphis around lunchtime and dropped by James' old school. It is on Mud Island which had been flooded but seems to be drying out nicely.
Site of the BIG turnip
We then ate some BBQ and headed down to Tunica, Mississippi. Pulled into Delta Tire right before 5:00 so James could surprise his Godfaterh Jim and say hello.
Took Hwy 4 through rice fields to Tupelo. There were a lot of nice hotels but none of them had room for us. After going to three places we ended up and America's Best Inn. James coached me that I needed to act more 'southern' and maybe we could get a room. I was welcomed by a man in red suspenders and a red tie. He held my hand and said 'God Bless You'. When he heard I was moving back to Georgia after living in Oregon for 14 years he sighed and said 'Praise God you got out in time!' I must have looked taken aback because he explained that everyone knows the End is coming and it's starting with the West Coast. It seems like I've been away for a long, long time.
That sure is good you got out in time :-)! I sure hope you get the hang of being southern again. Although, you always kinda remind me of the South.
ReplyDelete