Friday, July 15, 2011

Jumping Hermits

Who knew?  Hermit crabs love okra and shimmy up the stalks to eat it.  Then once at the top of the plant the scurry out on a leaf and use it as a trampoline to go down to the next level.  It's better than TV watching those guys gorge themselves.

Today is Friday so I dont have to work and am using the wi-fi at the McD on Willmington Island.  This place is hopping.  Not an empty seat in the room and retired folks flitting from table to table.  I kind of feel like I've stumbled into a subculture - not sure yet if it's a good thing.  Last night went for a swim off Tybee after work.  The waves were big due to the full moon and upcoming storm.  It was incredible.

Last Sunday was a different story.  I went out to walk on the beach after finishing unpacking.  I had on shorts and a tank top.  All the years by the Pacific.... didn' occur to me to wear a swimsuit.  Plus it was 7pm.  When even the Middle Eastern women with head coverings had on less clothes than me and were swimming it occured to me that I was the foriegner.  I cracked up laughing.

Cheers from Ga.  The storm last night was amazingly powerful.  I put up the blinds and sat in wonder.

1 comment:

  1. What swimming in the ocean without a bodysuit!?! Must be nice being back on the east coast!

    ReplyDelete